Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's Monday and ponderings

We've just enjoyed a long weekend, hence today feeling like Monday but really being Tuesday (I love weeks like this!). It's been a rather chilly, but cosy-inside-rainy sort of weekend, where Summer seems to have finally waved goodbye and welcomed Autumn into residence. The leaves are steadily changing colour, the mornings are fresher, and the heating is on! I'm not sure if I'm ready for another long Swiss winter, but in the meantime I enjoy what Autumn brings us - beautiful colours, apples, grapes, pumpkins, warm meals, cosy days and excuses to make yummy things like banana bread (which has already almost disappeared!)

Edmond's banana bread with added essentials of chocolate!
Our days seem to be flying by here. Both girls haven't been 100%, Amélie with a cold and Elise with a gastro bug, but thankfully both seem to be on the mend now. They're both well on the move these days, keeping mummy on her toes! But I just love their proud smiles when they stand and look to see if we're watching - particularly Amélie who managed to stand up on her own with nothing to pull herself up with! 

 Enjoying our new lights (courtesy of the great-but-dangerous IKEA store!) and a hubby that is expert at making sure they light up beautifully :) 
 And finally, some interesting websites/blogs that fascinate me and encourage me to think about how to make 'less impact', wise choices about 'stuff' and what we use (or buy unnecessarily), like this family. Lately I've been a bit overwhelmed with all of the healthy/natural/chemical-free ways to live. Somehow I want to find the balance, start little and see what we can do as a family, and not freak out at the mountain of possibilities!
Also, loving Kelle's blog with her glass-is-half-full mentality and her creativity and make-the-most-of-life attitude she has with her family. I'm copying one of her craft ideas and making an autumn leaf mobile right now :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...