Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thankful to be {HOME}!

We're back in New Zealand! It's wonderful to be home again and to enjoy some familiar, missed people and things. We've had quite the week of travelling and adjusting to a new time, but it's GOOD :)

Unfortunately Elise came down with a high fever the night before we were to leave, so the last few hours were quite nerve-wracking, wondering if she was ok and if we could go. Thankfully we were able to get her to the urgent doctor on the morning before the flight. He was really thorough and gave us the OK to go... 

Dubai's free pushchairs were perfect!
 The girls were amazing throughout the travels. Elise felt miserable much of the time :( But they did so well. I was talking to one mum during the 14 hour flight and when she heard we had two she said "Oh, you're the ones with the twins! I heard they're angels!" I was thankful for that, especially when travelling with another 400 or so others!
Pinkberry frozen yoghurt in Dubai - YUM!
Absolutely exhausted by the time we got to Auckland!

Thankful that on our last flight between Australia and New Zealand there were only 80 people on a 400 seat Airbus A380, which meant the flight crew had hardly anything to do, and offered us Baileys, cuddles for the girls and took Polaroid photos! 
It's WONDERFUL to see my family again! We're loving being together and the girls are loving having lots of people to play with! It's been a relatively quiet week as we've been adjusting to the new time and Elise has been recovering from an ear infection, and now Eti with a cold. This coming week will be all go for Beth & Doug's wedding - can't wait!

Amélie & Uncle Matt!


The girls with Superma (a.k.a. my mum)






Loving the Jolly Jumper we bought off Trademe!
Leesie & Megapop (dad) watching the Jolly Jumping action
...then getting some for herself :)
We love our Aunty Laura!!
So, we have a lot to be thankful for! It's great being back in NZ. There's something about the down-to-earth, relaxed, friendly atmosphere that is good for the soul. As well as fish 'n chips, gingerbeer, lattes and a few bags full of new clothes :) 

Have a great week out there!

Linking up with PaisleyJade


6 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

What cuties! So glad the plane trip went well - and yay for NZ!!!

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

WELCOME!!!! Yay that you made it sounds like it went relatively well! Hope you can all rest up and enjoy these lovely family moments while you get over your jet lag. Hope everyone is 100% again soon :-)

Dee said...

I know I say it every time but your girls are just too cute! :) I love the jolly jumper pics!

SO glad to hear that the flight went so smoothly! Sounds quite amazing really!! I hope Elise has fully recovered?

Can't believe you're in NZ! Hope the rest of your stay is just as perfect as it has been for you so far! I imagine your parents are soaking up those girls of yours! :) xxx

Widge said...

ok everytime I click on to your blog those smiling faces in your header never fail to make me smile. TOO FREAKIN CUTE!!!!
I have huge admiration for anyone who takes small kiddies on a plane (I never have and don't really want to!) So glad it went well for you all

remaliah said...

Thanks so much for your comments :) Elise is now much better, thankfully!! The antibiotics are doing their thing :) Widge...in hindsight I realise how hard it is to travel with kids. The one thing I forgot to think about is that once we arrive we can't just sleep as long as we want to get over the jetlag...babies don't allow that :)

Sophie said...

I hope its a bon voyage for you! so lovely for you to be able to visit home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...